Saketa understands that protecting personal information is of vital importance, and we, at Saketa strive to have business procedures and security safeguards in place to protect personal information under its control.
Application and Scope
This Policy also governs personal information collected about Saketa’s website users and explains how Saketa uses and discloses personal information collected from people who visit its website and otherwise interact with Saketa through https://old.saketa.com/ (the “website”).
Definition of Personal Information
Personal information is defined as “any information about an identifiable individual”. This may include, for example, email addresses and contact details and any similar information provided to Saketa in the course of its business operations, or which Saketa may receive from business inquiries. Personal information that is aggregated and cannot be associated with an identifiable individual is not considered to be personal information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information through the Products
When providing products, Saketa only processes personal information in accordance with the EULA, and applicable laws. Saketa generally uses personal information from or about its Customers or which is received from Customers and belongs to their own customers or end users (hereinafter referred to as “Customer’s Personal Information”) for the following purposes:
- to create, establish and administer Customer’s subscription to Saketa, to respond to Customer inquiries related to its subscription and to contact Customer about Saketa’s products or subscription -related matters;
- to provide products, including to provide Customer with Saketa products and customer support related to Saketa products;
- to measure and analyze user behavior in order to, among others, monitor, maintain and improve Saketa’s products or features and to create new products, services or features;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements and to allow Saketa to meet contractual requirements relating to the products provided to Customer;
- to conduct surveys on the quality of Saketa’s products or to collect feedbacks on the products and services; and
- to provide Customer with offers for additional products that Saketa believes may be of interest to Customer.
Unless required or authorized by law, when providing products, Saketa will not use personal information for any other or new purpose without obtaining its Customers’ consent.
Collection and Use of Personal Information through the Website
Saketa generally collects and uses personal information from or about its website users as follows:
- Information provided by users. In many cases, Saketa collects personal information directly from users when they visit or use the website. For instance, Saketa may collect the following types of information:
- Inquiries. Saketa may collect users’ name, contact information, e-mail address and any information provided when users make an inquiry or contact Saketa through the website, download documentation or gated content from the website, sign up for a webinar through the website and/or sign up to receive Saketa’s newsletter. Saketa will only use this information to process and answer users’ request or to manage Saketa’s everyday business needs in connection with such request.
- Requests for a Trial and/or Product. Saketa may collect users’ name, contact information, e-mail address and any other information provided to Saketa when users submit a request or an order for a Saketa trial and/or product. Saketa will only use this information to process and answer users’ request or to manage Saketa’s everyday business needs in connection with such request.
- Technical information. When users visit the website, Saketa may collect, using electronic means such as cookies, technical information. This information may include information about visits to the website, including IP address of the users’ computer and which browser was used to view the website, the users’ operating system, resolution of screen, location, language settings in browsers, the site the user came from, keywords searched (if arriving from a search engine), the number of page views, information entered, advertisements seen, etc. This data is used to measure and improve the effectiveness of the website or enhance the experience for users. While most of the time this information is depersonalized, if this information relates to an identifiable individual, Saketa will treat this information as personal information. Saketa may also, without limitations, collect and use the following type of information when users visit and/or interact with Saketa on the website:
- Google Analytics: Saketa uses Google Analytics which allows it to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our website. This information is depersonalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning that it cannot be tracked back to individuals. Users may opt-out of Saketa’s use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- Google AdWords: Saketa uses Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise Saketa across the Internet and to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to the website. AdWords remarketing will display ads to users based on what parts of the Saketa website they have viewed by placing a cookie on the users’ web browser. It could mean that Saketa advertises to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on the site or this could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network. This cookie does not in any way identify the user or give access to the users’ computer or mobile device. The cookie is only used to indicate to other websites that the user has visited a particular page on the website, so that they may show the user ads relating to that page. If users do not wish to participate in Google AdWords Remarketing, they can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager.
- Privacy Policies of other Websites. This Policy only addresses the use and disclosure of information by Saketa. Other websites that may be accessible through the website have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices.
Sharing of Personal Information
Saketa will not sell, rent or trade personal information to any third party. However, Saketa may share personal information when authorized and/or required by law or as follows:
- As permitted or required by law. Saketa may disclose personal information as required by applicable law or by proper legal or governmental authority. Saketa may also disclose information to its accountants, auditors, agents and lawyers in connection with the enforcement or protection of its legal rights. Saketa may also release certain personal information when it has reasonable grounds to believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others and itself, in accordance with or as authorized by law. In the event Saketa receives a governmental or other regulatory request for any Customer’s Personal Information, it agrees to immediately notify Customer in order that Customer shall have the option to defend such action. Saketa shall reasonably cooperate with Customer in such defence.
- Business transaction. Saketa may disclose personal information to a third party in connection with a sale or transfer of business or assets, an amalgamation, re-organization or financing of parts of our business. We have Non-diclosure agreements in place to protect your privacy in such regards and, in the event the transaction is completed, personal information will remain protected by applicable data protection laws. In the event the transaction is not completed, Saketa will require the other party not to use or disclose the personal information received in any manner whatsoever and to delete such information.
Parties may be subject to additional terms and conditions under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679). Such terms may be found in the Data Processing Addendum to the EULA, are hereby incorporated in the agreement, to the extent possible.