Improving employee engagement is undeniably one of the most efficient business-boosting technique. This makes the employee engagement best practices intrinsically important as well. Engaged employees are sure to be better in terms of efficiency and productivity.
Therefore, there must be a proper employee engagement action plan in place that every organization should look forward to. While the present employee engagement stats might either be disappointing or super-satisfactory, going in for the proper employee engagement best practices helps in every situation.
Employee Engagement Best Practices 2022 TipsA lot of things can be done to bring in a change. Keep the following employee engagement best practices in mind and you’ll end up seeing the results you’re looking for.
1. Build connections that are humanCollaboration demands professional connections but in any type of connection, it’s the basic instinct of the people to give importance to human connection over professional ones. So, utilizing the human side is thus a major influencing factor of employee engagement of a company. Build interpersonal trust among the employees and they will contribute more than you could ever expect.
2. Extend SupportEvery employee cannot be performing at their best every time. Providing special support to the ones underperforming and helping them solve the issues hindering their growth can be a great help in enhancing employee engagement.
3. Recognize and encourage the “Star employees”Influencer culture works not only for social media but for internal employee engagement platforms as well. Identify the top-performing employees and publicly acknowledge them on your digital workplace platform. If your company intranet has plenty of these influencers in place, their individual posting, commenting, rating, and other activities will act as a great encouragement to the other comparatively inactive employees. This can help move your business forward.
4. Set Goals and ResponsibilitiesEvery employee must be well aware of the tasks assigned to them. Aimless hard work is of no use and makes employee engagement suffer. Your digital workplace platform must give them access to a dashboard or sections where they get to know their goals and responsibilities as well as take up the charge by planning further individually as well. Applications like project tracker and timesheet can be of great help.
5. Involve the Executives and Management
People are led by examples. One of the best employee engagement best practices is to provide a role model or inspiration to your workforce. The top executives must be active on your company intranet and must be approachable as well. If you can prove to be a good intranet influencer, your employees are sure to follow and enhance their engagement rate too.